Friday, January 25, 2008

Summer Planning

It is time to plan the Fausett summer get together. This year it is going to happen in the South Dakota Black Hill so that we can visit those famous stone heads carved into the mountain side. There is a lot more to do there than I ever expected. Hiking, fishing, golf, bike and horseback riding, visiting historic sites and of course looking at Mt. Rushmore. We are looking into groups of cabins that will accomodate the entire family. It should be an exciting 4 days. in June.

Since this will be our 40th year of marriage, Judy and I are looking into what else we should do to celebrate. We need the imput of all to select the best spot to visit. Italy would be fun but maybe too expensive with the low value of the dollar in Europe. We are looking at Niagra Falls, Canada, Hawaii, or a cruise. Any ideas?, post them.

4 comments:

Brett said...

I vote for a cruise to Alaska next winter... I could tell from Judy's visit here that she really enjoys the cold.

On our itinerary for the Black Hills, don't forget to add a stop at that newly discovered "city of gold". I can't wait to see that!

Lori said...

Don't forget the marriott is in all those cities you are thinking about, so check out those prices, maybe they will help. I can't believe it will be 40 years. If you take a cruise you should look at the Freedom of the Seas ship from royal Caribbean. It is supposed to be the biggest ship, it looks so fun. Also, I hear taking a cruise across Europe is a great way to see Europe, so maybe you should look into that. If you go to Niagara then maybe you should also go to montreal, that is supposed to be awesome too. They aren't that far of a drive either if I remember right.

McDowell Family said...

Maybe my family should go on the trip too. It sounds so fun. Shoot, I hate missing out on stuff!

As per your question. Go somewhere new. You've done Hawaii, cruises, and even Europe. I vote for Niagara Falls or Canada or both! Actually, I really think you should do Egypt. That would be cool!

Brett said...

I don't know anything about it, but my VT partner says that Quebec City is wonderful and the closest thing to being in Europ without actually leaving the continent. I guess you could plan a trip to Niagra and travel to Quebec City (I have no idea if they are close or not). Then you would be covering almost all of your destinations in one trip.

-Kim