Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thank Goodness September is Half Over

Most people don't know the significance of my title, because who cares about September anyway? Well I do. I had to pull out a picture of my wife to remind me what she looked like. I thought it was really "cool" that she was so willing to put everything aside and go to Brad and Amber's house to help out with the new born. In my mind I am thinking a week gone at the most. ( Of course my mind is very small ) In Judy's mind it meant spending a few days at each Colorado child's house. After all, "I am not going to travel all that way and come straight home", Judy said. ( If coming staight home is one week, then what is a weekend visit? "Might as well not even go" was the answer ). I soon discovered that the first week went by pretty quick because I was busy at work, had some evening meetings, and I had the pool tile cleaning to keep me busy. But then the second weekend hit and it was getting to be a long time. I was so bored at home that I went to all the ward church meetings I could find. ( After all, I was desperate and lonely and I figured I wouldn't into trouble doing that. ) My meal choices were running out too. How many times can you eat at IN & OUT anyway. Finally Monday night came and there she was pulling her luggage out of the airport because her plane got in early and I wasn't at the baggage site to meet her. Life got a lot brighter.

Judy had lots of stories to share with me about all the Colorado grandchildren. Everyone of them are precious to her. I guess that it is only fair that I share grandma with her grandchildren. I suppose that there will be quite a few more loney weeks ahead while grandma makes sure that the "treasure fairy" visits each of her grandchildren.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Mom is so great for watching everyone's kids and visiting everyone. I'm glad you survived. You should have played your wii in your spare time.

Kim said...

Thanks so much for sharing grandma with the kids. They are already counting down the days until you both come for the baby blessing. They LOVE it so much when they get to spend time with their grandparents, especially individual time. Thanks mom for giving us a night out. We loved it. We love you both!

McDowell Family said...

That was nice of you to share her. I'm glad you're not lonely anymore.

Brad said...

Thanks so much for sharing your wife with us. She was so helpful while I was recovering from having Brock. I had really enjoyed the time I got to spend with her. Love you guys.